Let’s be honest, nutrition is one of the most difficult changes our [[companyame1]] members undergo, but it’s also the most rewarding. Nutrition in general has become more confusing and more ridiculous as new diets and fads are regularly emerging.
Diets aren’t sustainable. Why? Because most diets focus on restricting something, like calories, carbs, or fat. Not only is this unhealthy, but also impractical. Our bodies are machines that need to be fueled the right way to work properly. Depriving your body of essential nutrients is bad for your physical and mental health. In addition, research determined that only 1% of people who diet by themselves actually drop their excess weight, and more often, gain it all back and sometimes more.
Good nutrition is an important piece of our program. Since our very first 10-week challenge in 2001, Farrell's has had the same method when it comes to nutrition—keeping it uncomplicated! It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change in food choices.
How we eat, what we eat, and the “ingredients” put into our food have substantially changed over the years. We teach our members about making healthy choices and give them the tools and resources to meet their goals.
So, what makes Farrell's nutrition program different?
- Food is fuel. This is the most important part of our nutrition program. Many people use food as an escape, a friend, or an indulgence. While it’s nice to treat yourself every once in a while, it’s become the norm in our society creating an epidemic of obesity. Our members learn that food is fuel for our bodies and should be treated in that way. Nothing more.
- We don’t count calories! Whew! Finally, a nutrition program that doesn’t keep track of calories! We don’t concentrate on calories because numerous foods have empty calories. Also, a food may be higher in calories, but have a higher fiber content and carb/protein ratio, which is more substantial than the calories.
- The right formula. We follow a specific method to figure out your carb/protein ratio for each meal based on your body composition. This specifies how many carbs and how much protein you should be eating to fuel your body until your next meal or snack, keeping your body in “burn mode” as opposed to “store mode.” We also teach about good and bad fat. We need to consume good fat as it provides needed nutrients and vitamins we can’t get elsewhere.
- Eat less, but more often! Over the course of three hours after we eat, food goes into our blood stream—known as blood sugar or your glycemic index. If too much fuel is eaten, our bodies go into “store mode” turning leftover sugars into fat. Too little and we start to starve our muscles. Our members eat smaller, proportioned meals every three hours to replenish the tank, so to speak, to keep their body in “burn mode.”
- Fun Day. This is what makes our nutrition program flexible. Farrell's Fun Day is one day during the week (usually Sunday) where our members are allowed to celebrate their week’s successes. This is when they can have those indulgences. You can eat what and how much you want on your Fun Day, as long as you put in your Level 10 during the week with your workouts and nutrition plan!
- Water. Our bodies are mostly comprised of water, so drinking adequate water is essential to our complete health. Water keeps our body and muscles hydrated, as well as helps relieve muscle soreness. Our members try to drink at least 10 glasses of water each day. Drinking a glass of water before eating will help make you feel full faster, allowing you to keep portions under control.
So, you could spend lots of money on fad diets, special meals that keep track of points, tracking calories or eliminating every favorite food from your meals.
Or for a fraction of the price of a diet plan alone, you could sign up for Farrell's next 10-week session and learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and eat regular, good-tasting food! You’ll learn how to eat healthy and participate in intense workouts that burn fat, build muscle, and gain confidence and energy.
Find a location to get more information about our comprehensive program and to join! You won’t believe how much you can transform in just 10 weeks with Farrell’s.
FYI—You can eat bread daily with the Farrell's program too!